Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Leaping Pad

Now my adventure as a Peace Corps Volunteer has begun. Almost. I am currently in the "leaping pad," as I call it, which is DC. This is where our orientation will be for a day before heading to Peru on Friday and in the mean time I am visiting friends and family.

When I get Peru I anticipate being overcome by new sights, sounds, smells that I will relay back here when I have time. I will have an address where letters and packages can be sent while I am in training for the first three months. It would be great to hear what you are doing! Paz, amor, y salud. Chao!

Jess Smith, PCT

Cuerpo de Paz

Calle Vía Láctea 132

Urb. Los Granados, Surco

Lima 33, Peru



2 comments:

  1. Vamos a hablar solo en espanol por todo el tiempo que estas en Peru, esta bien? Mucho suerte con tu vuelo. Si paras en Miama, puedes pratigar hablando alli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess:
    Look forward to every entry in your journal that you make. It is all so interesting.
    Love you,
    Granny

    ReplyDelete