Friday, March 11, 2011

the hot hot sun

it´s hot. i am reminded of this when i turn off the fan in my room. when i feel the sweat drenching my shirt. when i stand up from sitting down and my pants are stuck to my legs/butt. when my water bottle just so happens to be empty because i just finished drinking it all. when i am too hot to eat, which would make my temperature go up ever so slightly that i feel on fire. when i stand in the shade and still feel hot.

but, what´s new!

there is still some water in the rivier - awesome! nikki (my santa cruz site mate) and i went in the river last week and played carnevales against eachother. we had a mud bath and did mud faces and mud legs. i think that is when one of the funniest things happened to me. i turned around and a lady who had been washing her clothes was standing up and just blatently looking at us! haha! i hadn´t ever seen her before, so i think she was new. and we probably looked like the oooooddest thing to her. two white girls, playing in the stream and putting mud on themselves. i would be staring too! hah! so funny.

school is starting up next week, which means the house will be empty most of the day. i will start help with teaching english, and continue the tooth brushing/hand washing/recycling charlas that i was doing last year. only this year i am going to team up with the health posts.

sigh. life is going well. i can´t believe hoooow quickly the past few months have flown by. i feel like i am hardly in my site, and when i am here i also feel there is hardly enough time to do all i want to. such is it.

excited for my parents to come visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment