Saturday, May 29, 2010

Timblor in Palpa

Hey All! It`s another sunny day here in Palpa. Don`t be fooled, however, because winter time is beginning! This really just means that at night you need to wear a sweater. Yea, when people told me this when I showed up I didn`t believe that I would ever have to wear a sweater, but it`s true. It gets cold!

Just a few seconds ago I felt a timblor. That would be, an earthquake. They happen quite often in Ica, and when they aren`t big ones they are `timblors` instead of `terrimotos.`

The other day I had my Diagnostico Comunitario, which was an opportunity for representatives to come from the 7 caserios I went to, to listen to the information I gathered. It went really well (except that the powerpoint didn`t function and we started 45 minutes late). Well, hora perunan, as I say. But, a whooping 30 people showed up which is amaaazing! I was so pleased with the numbers, even though unfortunately no one from the municipality came. That was a dissapointment, but hopefully it can be worked around and they can still get involved. To do projects it`s much easier to have the support of the municipality than to do it alone!

So, I am thinking of making a chinese checkers board. Just saw a picture of one on the web, and I think it would be a great game to play with the kids and my brothers here.

All for now....life is good...planning on my trip home to be in august or september! Can`t wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment