Tuesday, January 5, 2010

the deep meaning of dreams

so the other day teigan was telling me about lucid dreaming and i was thinking that i would start trying to remember my dreams. ya know, maybe there´s some hidden message behind purple elephants that are jumping on clouds? anyways, so i was dreaming of lots and lots of horses last night. and then, loooots and loooots of horse shit! it was so horrible! then, i woke myself up still smelling horse shit. i had know idea what was going on. i thought it was just my dream getting the better of me, so i went back to sleep. not for too long though, until i woke myself up again smelling horse shit. gawd! i was too tired to figure out what the smell really was, and convinced myself to go back to bed, so i continued to dream of horse shit. when i woke up in the morning i didn´t quite notice the smell, until i left my room. then i got a whiff of it and then it passed. so, i went to make my breakfast concoction of cane sugar, lime juice, and red pepper powder (kate, teigan and i are attempting the full body detox that lasts for 10 days on this lovely diet). well, my grandfather came in to the kitchen and told me i need to take care of my compost bin because the liquid in the bottom was smelling bad. well, i thought he was just being annoying and angry at life again, so i didn´t think too much of it. then, i walked back into my room and got a whiff of that smell again. jeeeeez! so, i looked over and there was my compost bin. i took the top off the bottom and was about knocked off my feet. the smell was concentrated horse shit! it penetrated my lungs and made them feel heavy. i almost vomited right there - i definitely gagged. who knew you could mess up compost! so apparently it´s not just straw, water and organic stuff. guess i am supposed to keep adding newspaper and straw and turning the stuff. jeeeeez. well, i ran to the store after cleaning out the liquid into the street and bought myself a bar of soap since i had just run out. i washed my hands 3 times and the smell still stuck. now i have to deal with the smell in my room. i don´t know where i´m going ot sleep if it still reeks!

even though the house now smells absolutely horrible, it was totally worth the laughs my grandfather and i had over the mistake i made. (side note: he´s a very sour person and this was the first time we have shared a laugh over something genuinely funny.)

No comments:

Post a Comment